How to Choose Strap for your Product Packing?
Do you know what the best way to pack your product is? It’s by choosing the right strap considering its properties and specifications . This considerations certainly help in determining what kind of strap you require to secure your Valuable Product.
Here we present some Different Types of Strapping :
- Plastic Strapping:
Plastic strapping is commonly used for light to medium bundles or packages and is ideal for low to medium size boxes. It is widely used in pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries because it utilizes plastic straps, usually made of polypropylene and Polyester.
Polypropylene and Polyester are main two types of strap.
- Polypropylene Strap (PP Strap):
Polypropylene strapping is also known as plastic strapping and is a cheaper alternative to Polyester Strapping and Steel Strapping whilst also being adequate for most packaging uses, such as light and medium duty applications.
|Description||Color||Breaking Strength||Packing||Packaging Tools|
|12 ✕ 0.65 mm||As Per Requirement||60-70 Kg||05 -07 Kg/Roll||Hand Tools , automatic strap Tools|
2. Polyester Strap (PET Strap):
Polyester strapping is the most rigid option, offering the strongest plastic strapping, and is used as a viable alternative to steel in many industries. Polyester provides excellent retained tension on rigid loads and its excellent recovery properties help a load absorb impact without strap breakage. It has significantly less elongation than polypropylene and retains tension over a longer period of time. It is replacement to the Steel strap in many cases.
|Sr. No.||PET Strap Size||Breaking Strength||Length per Roll/ 20kg||Packaging Tools|
|1.||25mm||900 Kg||600m||Hand Tool/ Combination Tool|
|2.||19mm||780 Kg||780m||Hand Tool/ Combination Tool|
|3.||16mm||400 Kg||1300m||Hand Tool/ Combination Tool|
|4.||12mm||260 Kg||2000m||Hand Tool/ Combination Tool|
3. Cord Strap:
Cord strapping is cost effective and ideal for securing and bundling light to medium / heavy loads for most industries. These products are used primarily for securing heavy and extra heavy loads in the bundling, metal and plastics industries as well as for rail car load secure.
|Sr. No.||Cord Strap Size||Breaking Strength||Length Roll||Packing||Packaging Tools|
|1.||32mm||1450 Kg||300m||02Roll / Box||Hand Tool, Buckle|
|2.||25mm||750 Kg||500m||02Roll / Box||Hand Tool, Buckle|
|3.||19mm||385 Kg||600m||02Roll / Box||Hand Tool, Buckle|
|4.||16mm||320 Kg||850m||02Roll / Box||Hand Tool, Buckle|
4. Woven/ Lashing Belt:
The cargo lashing ratchet offer high utility, strong flexible and reliable operation that is constructed out of two separate pieces of webbing each with their own hardware that are fastened at one end to the area surrounding the equipment to be protected and connect to each other, typically at the fastener
|Sr. No.||Lashing Belt Size||Breaking Strength||Color||Packing||Packaging Tools|
|1.||25mm||1000Kg||Orange||10 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|2.||32mm||1500 Kg||White/Yellow||10 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|3.||32mm||2000 Kg||White/Yellow||10 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|4.||32mm||2000 Kg||White (Printed Breaking Strength)||10 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|5.||35mm||3000 Kg||Orange||10 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|6.||40mm||3000 Kg||White||5 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|7.||40mm||5000 Kg||Orange (Printed Breaking Strength)||5 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|8.||50mm||2500 Kg||Orange||5 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|9.||50mm||3000 Kg||Orange||5 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|10.||50mm||4000 Kg||Orange||5 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
|11.||50mm||5000Kg||Orange (Printed Breaking Strength )||5 Roll||Hand Tools, Buckle|
- Steel Strap:
The combination of high breaking strain and minimal material stretch makes steel strap very suitable for strapping heavy loads.
|Sr. No.||Steel Strap Size||Breaking Strength||Packing||Packaging Tools|
|1.||31.0 ✕ 0.79 mm HT||800Kg||01 Roll – 50 Kg||Hand Tools, Combination Tools|
|2.||25 ✕ 0.64 mm HT||460 Kg||01 Roll – 50Kg||Hand Tools, Combination Tools|
|3.||19mm ✕ 0.94 mm HT||400 Kg||01 Roll – 40Kg||Hand Tools, Combination Tools|
|4.||19mm ✕ 0.64 mm HT||300 Kg||01 Roll – 40Kg||Hand Tools, Combination Tools|
|5.||12mm ✕ 0.45mm HT||200 Kg||01 Roll – 40Kg||Hand Tools, Combination Tools|
Comparison table for Strap Selection:
|PP Strap||PET Strap||Cord Strap||Lashing Belt||Steel Strap|
|Breaking Strength||50-70 Kg||300- 800 Kg||400-2000 Kg||1500-5000Kg||400-1000 Kg|
|Strength for Outside packing||Medium||Medium||High||High||High|
|Packing Method Manual / Automatic||M/A||M/A||M/A||M/A||M/A|
Why Choose PET Strap Over Steel Strap:
- Excellent Tensile Strength and Welding Strength: Thus it is used for many heavy packages.
- Excellent Tension Maintenance. It maintains tensile strength for a long stretch of time with minimized strap slacking, while ensuring excellent shock resistance ideal for long-distance, long-period transportation.
- Excellent Rusty and Chemical Resistance: Thus allows direct strapping with PET straps without products damage or rusty.
- Superior Flexibility for convenient operation. PET strap does not “Whiplash” when removed, thus creating a safe work environment for users. Moreover, it does not have sharp edges, so there is no risk of injures for either goods or user while tensioning or cutting the strap. And it is no necessary for special cutting tools.
- Super Weather Resistance. It can be stable under temperature of -50℃ – 100℃, which ensures PET straps widely applied under any conditions.
- Comparing to other straps, PET strap is the “Beauty”, as it can be made in different colors with good transference. Also, it can be recycled for it is an environment protective strapping material.
- Good Economical Application. The density of PET Strap is only 1/6 of Steel Strap for a given length, but its price is much cheaper than Steel Strap.
- It does not rust and there is no corrosion staining of the strapped product.
- Its weight is half that of steel which minimizes manual handling risks.
- It contains more meter’s and this reduces coil change frequency.
- It does not have sharp edges therefore reducing the personal injury risk.
- It is environmentally friendly – it can be recycled!
- It has a higher related tension than Steel Strapping.
- It performs well under ‘shock loading’.